I’ve created a new e-book on Mentors and Mentoring in Canada. The book coincides with the celebration Canada’s 150th Anniversary. It includes more than 150 examples of mentoring relationships from all walks of life in Canada including sports, history, leadership, the arts, politics, entertainment, music, and business. I’ve also included ideas about the key principles associated with mentoring; how mentoring and coaching are the same and different; illustrations of mentoring relationships from my own life and what I learned from them; and examples of mentoring relationships experienced by well-known and lesser-known Canadians. To make it easier to find particular people and who mentored whom, I’ve included a name index. The e-book can be downloaded at no cost from http://goo.gl/IsJvWr
Feedback is welcomed and testimonials will be treasured.
Latest Entries to the Mentor Hall of Fame.
Virtually anyone can benefit from having a mentor. And most well-known, accomplished and successful people can identify people in their lives who acted as mentors.
The list of mentor pairs in the Mentor Hall of Fame was compiled by Rey Carr from a variety of sources including autobiographies, biographies, newspaper articles, personal interviews, and diligent historical research. Mentor pairs portrayed in fiction or movies are also included.
Pairings are divided into ten general categories. In most cases, mentors and their partners could be included in the same category. However, where a mentor and partner are from different career or life areas, the pairing has been placed in the partner’s category. (A few historical facts or humorous references to the term mentor are included at various places in the listings.)
The categories include
- Actors, Comedians, Producers and Directors (Stage, Screen, and TV)
- Mentoring relationships depicted in motion pictures and television
- Musicians, Songwriters, and Singers
- Classical and Broadway Musicians, Composers, Conductors, Ballet, and Modern Dancers
- Fashion, Media, and Celebrities
- Artists, Writers, Photographers, Publishers, Novelists, Poets
- Mentoring relationships depicted in print (novels stories, fiction)
- Sports Figures, Athletes, and Coaches
- Historical, Political, Spiritual, and Civic Leaders
- Business, Industry, Education, Science, and Medical Leaders
Here are some of the latest entries to the Mentor Hall of Fame: